It is 23 days until the 2008 Summer Olympics starts http://en.beijing2008.cn/. I bet you didn't know that I LOVE the Olympics. Not only are the most amazing athletes together in one place competing with such heart and giving there all, but there is the unity of nationalities. The spirit of "One World One Dream" is alive and I love getting to experience a glimpse of some of the world's cultures. Even if it is just on my TV for few days. Something about it just lights up my heart.
Check out my favorite little mascots:
When you put their names together -- Bei Jing Huan Ying Ni -- they say "Welcome to Beijing," offering a warm invitation that reflects the mission of Fuwa as young ambassadors for the Olympic Games. Check out their story here. http://en.beijing2008.cn/spirit/beijing2008/graphic/n214068254.shtml
Don't they just make your heart smile :)
As the day of the opening ceremonies approaches I continue to feel a brightness in my heart. I cannot wait to watch. I always dreamed of becoming the next Mary Lou Retton. It isn't too late right? Someone get me my Wheaties;) Don't you feel inspired?
No comments:
Post a Comment