Baby e update: How quickly our baby girl has grown! She is really getting her own little personality and expressing herself these days. At her 6 month well visit, baby e weighed 16lbs., 3oz. and measured 26 inches long.
Just to give you some reference (since I don't blog often enough):
At 4 months she weighed 14lbs, 2oz. and measured 23.5 inches long.
At baby e's 2 month well check she weighed 12lbs., 5oz. and measured 22.5 inches long.
Baby e's birth weight was 8lbs., 10oz. and she measured 19.75 inches long.
She is doing all sorts of stuff these days! For the longest time, baby e absolutely refused to roll over more than the two times that she did it to prove she was developing accordingly. Now, she is rolling all over the place. She is also trying to get her little belly off of the floor and pushing with her feet. Crawling is soon to follow!
Baby e babbles, coos and blows raspberries with her tongue all the time. She is practicing her speech. WE can tell she has a lot to say. She says "Dada", "Momma", "baba" (we say that is for brother or bubba), "eya" (sounds like she tries Ella). Of course she does all this indiscriminately for now, but we like to think she knows who is who ;). Along with these sounds, she screeches and squeals. She is our girl with lots to say!
I am sure you can tell by her growth, our girl likes to eat and eats very well. She is still nursing but is also eating 3 meals a day ,so far, of solid food. The only things she really does not like are green beans and baby food peaches. I say baby food peaches because she does like fresh peaches. We have this gadget (a mesh fresh food feeder) that we put fruit in and she loves it. We have given her banana, fresh peaches, fresh strawberries and frozen blue berries. Baby e really likes feeding herself with it. The frozen stuff also helps her little gums feel better. Which brings me to my next update.....
Baby e has 2 teeth. The 2 bottom front teeth. She got the right side first. Two pretty little white SHARP new teeth. She likes to chew on our fingers even though she has plenty of toys to bite. I would like to post a picture but she is a little camera shy with them. I will post as soon as I get a good one.
1 comment:
So so sweet! She is getting so big! We must do a play date soon. I'm going to de-germify this weekend and then my Mom is here next week so maybe the week after?
Post a Comment